The Sustainability Action Fund is Hiring a Communications Coordinator!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 29th, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and a graphic design portfolio in one PDF to Katherine Parthimos at firstname.lastname@example.org
The interviews will be conducted the week of January 8th 2024.
1-year contract (January 2024 – January 2025), with the option for yearly renewal.
Interviews conducted between January 8th- 12th 2024.
Training between January 15- 22nd, 2024.
Hours and Remuneration:
30 hours per week with a starting salary of $23.73/hour. Coordinators receive a cost of living increase in January of every year in addition to a performance increase up to 6% depending on peer evaluations. Health and Dental care provided. Each staff member also has access to a Health and Wellness budget line that totals $750 / employee / fiscal year
About the Sustainability Action Fund
The Sustainability Action Fund (SAF) is a student-run fee levy group at Concordia University. The organization collects approximately $400,000 of revenues a year from undergraduate (50-cent-per-credit) and graduate ($1.25 per term) fee levies.
The majority of funding goes to support student-led projects to develop social, environmental, and economic sustainability projects, with the long-term goal of inspiring and developing a culture of sustainability at Concordia University.
The Communications Coordinator will work closely with the SAF team to design, disseminate, and maintain promotional tools and design campaigns to mobilize students interested in the process of applying for SAF funding and any other programs or events offered by SAF.
The Communications Coordinator will:
- Develop, design, and disseminate web and print campaigns promoting the Special Project Funding Program, the Sustainability Research Awards, and the Living Labs Funding Program in the Concordia community and online realm
- Brainstorm, design and execute digital content and promotional materials.
- Attend SAF funded events to enhance visibility of the organization and create content for web distribution OR coordinate with student project leaders to distribute their own promotional content through the SAF’s social media channels (instagram takeovers)
- Assist in the development and implementation of the organization’s Strategic Directions planning
- Develop and follow an organizational communications schedule
- Create and share multimedia content related to funding activities via our website and social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram
- Design, develop and provide technical support for the SAF website (WordPress and Plugins) and the PDF application forms (indesign)
- Develop, design and coordinate annual reports and resources for SAF’s various activities and programs
- Develop the organizations orientation tabling kit and engage with students during Fall and Winter orientation events, Sustainability Week, and other concordia community events
- Manage marketing and analytics of SAF posts
- Lead the Communications Committee within the board of directors
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and knowledge using design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Procreate, Canva
- A creative eye and mind for interesting and captivating designs
- Pursuing or received a degree in a relative field, communications, design, fine arts, sustainability…
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (French is an asset)
- Superior command of all major social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn etc.
- Knowledge of social, environmental, and economic sustainability
- Knowledge of Concordia fee-Levies and the Concordia Sustainability Community
- Comfortable interacting with the public
- Experience working as a team player, yet independently motivated
- Ability to balance multiple projects and maintain a flexible schedule
- Ability to meet deadlines with strict attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- Proficiency in coding HTML/CSS; working knowledge of PHP a strong asset
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
- Affiliated to Concordia University in any capacity
- Please include any relevant content surrounding graphic design of projects or event posters, instagram infographics, links to websites or accounts you manage etc.
- Anything you see fit for the hiring committee to review in regards to the position of Communications Coordinator with your experience in graphic design.